*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/258253-Carmex
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#258253 added September 24, 2003 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Carmex
Okay- So I lied.....No one is getting details from me about this past weekend...at least not in here....

Let me say this though.....

You wait for 2 1/2 months to see people who you love, and people who love you back- all in one. They finally get to your house, and you have almost a week of ups and downs. Some tears (both good and bad) and lots of laughter. Alot of tickling, some foot torture, blanket hopping, late night sing alongs, so "no shame" 70's dancing to the Scooby Doo theme, some very heartfelt chats, all night pajama parties, sharing knowing glances from across the room, hugs that seemed long enough at the time, but weren't, hearing I love you, and being able to look at the person who said it....not just clutch the phone. Quoting movies, line by line, drawing chickens chasing "B's" with your eyes closed, and those final hugs right before they leave.

For a few days, you felt like you again, and now they are all gone, and you feel incomplete. It didn't matter that your family didn't care for a lot of stuff, and complained nearly all week, it didn't matter that you were sick for a few days.

What matters is that they were there and for a brief period in time, you were okay.

Welcome to my world.

When I had to say good bye to Scott on Monday, it hurt....because it was the beginning of the goodbyes. And I knew that today was coming, and I would have to say goodbye to Josh and Dave. But I didn't want to. But I did, because I didn't think I had a choice. It hurt.....so bad. I am ever so sad....and don't think for one second that this is not a very real pain. It is.

But anyway....I am so glad that they were able to come- because some who said they were didn't. And I missed them.

Thank you Eric and Kato for calling me on my birthday. It meant more than you know.

Thank you Josh, Dave and Scott for coming all the way to NY to fix me, I know it wasn't an easy week, and you wanted to run. But you didn't. Thanks for sticking it out.

Sadly smiling at what was,
The Bek

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/258253-Carmex