*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256529-cheering-emmalee-up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by jules
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #487720
writing from my heart
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#256529 added September 12, 2003 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
cheering emmalee up
CHEERING EMMALEE UP

One day after hearing that his friend was sad, Bear decided that he would go visit her. So, he found his little wagon and filled it with things his friend would like. He placed in the wagon, pots of honey, a honey cake and a bottle of strawberry milk. He then shut his front door and headed off. As he was shutting the garden gate, he looked at his beautiful garden full of yellow and purple flowers, Bear decided he would take some flowers to his friend as well. Then he noticed that his apple tree was full of apples, so he picked a few apples and placed them in the wagon along with the other things. He then set off again.

He hadn’t walked long when he came to Pig’s place.
“Hello Bear” said Pig.
“Hello Pig”
“Where are you off to with all those things?” asked Pig.
“I am going to see my special friend, she has been sad so I am going to cheer her up”
“Oh that would be lovely. Tell her hi from me”said Pig.
“I will”answered Bear as he set off again.

Bear walked on pulling his little wagon behind him. Bump bump bump went the wagon over the road. He came to Rabbit’s house.

“Hello Bear,” said Rabbit, “where are you off to?”
“Hello Rabbit, I am going to be a special friend”answered Bear.
“Here.” Said Rabbit, “take some carrots with you as I know she likes them” (Rabbit knew who the friend was)
“Thank you” said Bear. And off he set again. As he was walking along the road, Joey came jumping up to him.

“Hello Bear” said Joey. “where are you going?”
“Hello Joey”said Bear. I am going to see my special friend”
“Can I come?”
“Well you would have to ask your mother?” said Bear
“Wait there and I will be right back” said Joey. So Joey went to ask him mother Mrs Kangaroo. He came back holding his favourite story book and told Bear that his mother had said it was alright for him to go with Bear.
“Your friend will like my story book as I know she loves to read stories” said Joey (he knew who the friend was too)

Bear and Joey set out together along the road. Bump, bump, bump went Bear’s little wagon. Joey had put his story book into the wagon too. They had walked a little way when they saw the tree in which Oscar the Owl lived.
“Good morning Bear and Joey”, came a voice from high above.
Bear and Joey looked up and saw Oscar the Owl waving at them.
“Where are you going?” he asked the travelers.
“We are off to visit a special friend”said Bear
“And I am taking my story book”added Joey.
“That should cheer her up”said Oscar. “She likes stories” (he knew who the friend was too).

Bear and Joey then set off again and soon came to a Danny Donkey’s home. Now Danny Donkey was known for not smiling much, if at all but he was still a good friend. He asked the 2 friends where they were going and when they told him, he said “Give her a smile from me, that should help cheer her up”.
“We will” Bear told him, and they set off again.

After a while they came to a beautiful white gate and a lovely garden with pretty pink and white flowers. They walked through the gate and knocked on the door. The door was opened by a little girl.

“Bear” she cried.
“Hello Emmalee” said Bear. “I heard you weren’t feeling well so I came to visit you and brought you some nice things to help cheer you up”
“I brought my book too” added Joey.

Emmalee saw the wagon and smiled.

Emmalee, Bear and Joey spent the rest of the day having a lovely afternoon tea and reading Joey’s story book.

© Copyright 2003 jules (UN: jules64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jules has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256529-cheering-emmalee-up