*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244016-NORTH-Oh-crap
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#244016 added June 1, 2003 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
NORTH!... Oh... crap...
Lightning, but not near enough or frequent enough to merit shutting down the computer.

Orchestra played for the graduation today. That went well.

Came home, got ready.

Family came over to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Remind me never to argue with my elders, even if I am right. Felt bad about not being able to stay, but I see them often enough.

Party tonight. I had fun. Watched "The Ring". It wasn't that bad. What bothered me was that it would have these awesome scenes and then switch back to your typical Hollywood-style footage, even throughout the "real" scenes. Not a bad movie, not great. They could have done a better job I think. It cracked me up though, I was the only girl in the room not shrieking and jumping out of my seat. And I was sitting in the absolute worst spot for that movie--right on the end of the couch, so people would come up behind me either to scare me (didn't work) or just to stand there (although I usually knew by shadows, sounds, etc.) or they'd sit next to the side of the couch, just in my peripheral vision.

Conversation of the night:
"Please go North, please go North..."
"THAT'S NORTH!"
"Huh?"
"NORTH! NORTH! To the Right!"
[a minute later]
"What are we doing on North?!"
"You wanted North!"
"No! I wanted South!"
"You said you wanted North!"
"I was talking to the truck! I talk to other drivers!"
"We thought you were talking to the road!"

We made it there intact anyway, lol.

Coffee House last night. Less of a flop than the last, but a flop, nonetheless. Except for the microphone hogs, it was fun. Note to all reading this: If you want to tell a funny story in front of a large group, tell one story at a time--which means no rambling from one to the other and standing there staring at the ceiling for several minutes trying to think of a good story. And, most importantly, make sure it has a point (besides trying to embarrass family members--especially failing at that)! (And, surprisingly enough, it was not my brother or myself doing this. I got up after that person and told a quick story that actually succeeded at making people laugh through most of it, and one which had a point, or at least a decent ending.)

Happy June! (In unison... again. ::eye roll::)

My thoughts have been roiling worse than usual recently, I should either go and write it all out for myself or go to sleep. Either way, good night. Or good morning, depending on how much of a stickler you are for midnight as the beginning of morning.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244016-NORTH-Oh-crap