*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243094-timespace--spacetime
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#243094 added May 26, 2003 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
time:space :: space:time
Been reading tonight about the ideas of time and space in ancient and modern cultures as well as within religious contexts. The Western idea that time and space are separate entities was the odd one out. The thought that time and space are entirely different and that time is purely linear are really strange concepts when you look at non-Western cultures' ideas. Every other culture I've read up on has thought that time is cyclical in some form or another, with either multiple beginnings and endings or no beginning and/or end, and that time and space are one entity. In fact, it's only the Westerners of the past thousand or so years who thought that time is entirely separate from space. In an attempt to rid Europe of Pagan ideas, the interpretation of time as cyclical (and such ideas, among many others) was eradicated. So the ideas of modern physicists that space and time are one in some fourth dimension are not truly new. They have not said that time is cyclical, and stay away from the beginning or end of time (the Big Bang doesn't count), but they have found loopholes in their own theories which say that time can be bent, that it may not be as linear as we think it is.

Oh, the things I do in my spare time/space. Actually, I was looking for specific answers to something very vague and was sidetracked, lol. Fascinating subject though...

Have a hanging plant (can't remember the name of it, but it creeps and it looks almost like ivy but isn't related to it) in my room now. I just need to find a place for my windchimes.

Got a good number of plants for my rock garden, since I had a gift card and was owed plants by my parents (lol, a short story which I don't feel like telling).

There was something else I meant to write in this entry. I'll remember it as soon as I go upstairs.

Entropy. The condition of order falling into disorder. My room is one entropic glacier which works on the cycles of the moon's waxings and wanings. It spreads, it recedes, it spreads, it recedes, order to disorder.

Remembered it.

My brothers just waged the invasion of Normand-why on B-Day by staging an amphibious attack on the hallway door with lots of yelling in unison.

Bed.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243094-timespace--spacetime