*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242938-the-most-paranoid-explorers-on-earth
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#242938 added May 24, 2003 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
the most paranoid explorers on earth
The past 48 hours have been very eventful (relative to my life, lol). Yesterday I visited a college, had an interview with the admissions officer there, spent about an hour or two at home, planned the next coffee house, went over a friend's house (which is only 20 miles, but an hour, away ::eye roll::) to sleep over. We watched movies and chatted until about 2 AM when we decided to go get snacks in the kitchen. While we were in there, we heard her dog (a rottweiler mix) growling fervently at something in the living room. We got up to check it out. The hair on the dog's back was bristling, but we saw nothing in that room, so we went to check the doors to make sure they were locked. We were freaked out, on the verge of getting knives out of the drawers for defense when we discovered that there was nothing out of place, there was nobody in the house who was not supposed to be there. So we sat in the kitchen, still completely spooked, until the dog calmed down and went back to sleep. Old houses... that's all I have to say.

Rest of the night was nothing unique, lol.

This morning we went to go see the 10:30 showing of Matrix II. Turns out, the internet lied to us and there wasn't a showing until 12:30. The parking lot was deserted except for two cars. So my friend's mother decided to ask the very shady people in the one car if they were waiting for the theater to open. (::another eye roll::) Needless to say, they weren't.

But we had over an hour to kill, so we walked around the park nearby, mainly looking for a mansion that my friend had seen once before with a friend (and no one had believed them). We found it within twenty minutes, after following mostly-unused paths through the woods and trailblazing a few paths. We also came across a sculpture in the middle of the woods near that mansion. It's a giant stacking of newspapers (all the same date, as near as we could tell). It looked like stone from a distance.

12:30 rolled around and we saw Matrix: Reloaded. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as the first. Didn't mind that it was a cliffhanger, but certain things about the movie bothered me (especially how some effects were too obviously CGI and the length of some of the scenes). Liked the music of the second movie better than the first.

And it's vaguely annoying that I never finished any of my Matrix fan fictions based on the first movie. Several of the ideas which appeared only in the sequel I had already intertwined into my unfleshed plots. Sometimes it was exactly the ideas I had, sometimes it was just an extremely similar idea. ::shrug:: Good at seeing patterns and making theories and building up ideas from movies and other media.

Have yet to burn everything from my computer onto CD so we can reload Windows and generally try to fix this infernal machine. I really don't think it will do much, but my dad is convinced.

It's interesting to sit through Mass with Buddhist chants in your head.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/242938-the-most-paranoid-explorers-on-earth