*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241926-baraka
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#241926 added May 17, 2003 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
baraka
Three exams next week: English (which I am still vaguely bitter about having to take... damn English department rules about Midterms), Latin (my only fear is the volume of information), and Trig/Precalc (which I should be fine for as long as I don't psych myself out). One B+ in Latin and English makes it so that I have to take the final. Oh well. It'll be over by Wednesday at 9:30 AM.

Okay, so two weeks and we STILL don't know the set-up for the literary magazine next year. It's really ticking me off. It would have been fine to wait had the moderator said she'd tell us when the books were given out or something, but no, she told us we would be informed "next week" three weeks ago.

"People make light of my optimistic outlook, such as, if I were captain of the Titanic, I would tell my passengers we were stopping for ice."
- Charles William "Chuck" Tanner

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."
- George F. Will

(The second quote is my outlook exactly.)

Finally saw Baraka. That movie is just... whoa. It's so awesome. It's a cinematographer's take on the world, comparing all of the world's major religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism) and tribal cultures, and showing nature and living and dead cities and living and dead people and finding the rhythms and the patterns and the beauty and the horror in all of it. No dialogue or voice overs, no central characters, all set to world music.

If you ever think you know the whole story, "remember, thou art mortal," and thou hast no idea.

::sigh:: Have to study now.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/241926-baraka