*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240626-the-paper
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#240626 added May 7, 2003 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
the paper
I have a section of the first movement of Ralph Vaughan Williams's Folk Song Suite stuck in my head. It's the one section I cannot do correctly and it's taunting me. I like it, it's just high and fast and awkward to play. I was sitting in the car on the way home tonguing it. (Oh, the innuendos of woodwinds...)

I really think that a variation/knock-off of that song is in Chicken Run, but it may be completely different. Anyway.

AP test Friday. Eek! Not that it really matters that much to me. I do well, that's wonderful. I do poorly, oh well.

Spent over two hours getting articles from the New York Times of the 1930s. It was really interesting, once I got a working microfilm viewer. I tried four out of five, and none printed well if at all. The fifth worked well, but by that time I'd already wasted half an hour. Anyway, the newspapers downplayed the situation, acted like it was only a little problem. All through the Great Depression, the ads were still selling fur coats and fine living. They used to publish the topics of Sunday sermons in Monday papers. It was also sort of weird to see mentions of Hitler and Mussolini and other dictators and world leaders in a mostly neutral light.

Through my pessimism, cynicism, and paranoia, I have no idea how I manage to find so much humor in the world and how I manage to end up in a relatively good mood most of the time.

Trig quiz to take tomorrow, quick Theology paper to write tonight on cloning.

::yawn:: I didn't start my homework until 9:30 last night. Don't want to make that a trend.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240626-the-paper