*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238921-Day-Twenty-Nine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238921 added April 29, 2003 at 3:36am
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Nine
         "There is no way I'm getting up on a Shikigami again!" Kurama said vehemently on the day we were to leave.
         "You guys have to stop by Reikai," Yusuke said.
         "I know. I've booked us on a Concorde, Kurama-san. You don't have to worry about flying on a Shikigami again," I said.
         "HN!" Hiei said.
         "Ask Kurama," I replied him.
         Kurama took a few moments to explain what was it all about. Then we were through the barrier and on our way to Ninjenkai.

         We were in Japan for a short time. Kurama went off to find his Ninjen mother, while Hiei went to check on his twin sister Yukina and I... well, I just wandered around. I had visited my goddaughter once; visiting her again in such a short time would have made my enemies aware that I had someone whom I cared for deeply who could not take care of herself. She was one of the most important people in my life!
         I soon found myself in front of a ramen stall. Realizing that my stomach had been begging for food for the past two hours, I sat down to eat. I didn't look at the man serving me until he spoke.
         "How is my little sister, Naoko-imouto (little sister Naoko)?" he said.
         I looked up at him uncomprehendingly. The first thought that came into my mind was, this could not be! My aniki was no longer of this world! He looked at me, the first time I had ever seen his cold eyes filled with sadness.
         "They are watching me, little one. I know you and Su watched me as I fell. Listen closely. You are the only barrier now. If you fall, so do the rest of your precious Jewels," he said.
         I could not think coherently. All I knew was here was my brother trying to give me some kind of warning and I was to addled to figure it out. My mind thought of my sister, and it was then that I realized what had happened.
         MINDLINK! My mind screamed. I looked around, trying to get a bearing on the person who had tried it, but failed. When I turned to look at the man who had been standing n front of me, it turned out to be the waiter. He was staring at me curiously.
         I sat down to eat my ramen to think about what had happened. The sense of danger was gone now.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238921-Day-Twenty-Nine