*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238907-loud
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#238907 added April 25, 2003 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
loud
A friend, to me: "I think those are the brightest colors I've ever seen you wear."
My response: "I think they're the brightest colors I've ever seen myself wear."

My skirt is a vibrant shade of coral, my shirt is yellow with red, coral, and pink flowers on it, and my socks are yellow. I'm wearing matching make-up. Bright red nail polish. Bright red lipstick. Pinkish eye-shadow. And way too much mascara. The sides of my hair are curled. The back is wavy. I walked down to the library with my jacket zipped all the way up and pants on instead of the skirt. My mom still feared that I would get picked up.

Had fun playing Rita Skeeter. I didn't take it as far as I originally intended to, but I was worn out. I did, however, take candid shots of people (and discovered that my camera has an extremely long lapse), take notes on everything and everyone, and was able to present the "facts" I discovered at the end of the party:

"The pumpkin juice is... scandal of scandals... Sunny Delight!"

"Professor McGonagal has a drug abuse problem. Not to mention she's taken up smoking Cuban cigars."

"I've seen several covert smugglings of wands. Even Hermione was sighted giving a muggle a wand in exchange for a single glass pumpkin juice."

"Peeves must have died before he reached the legal drinking age, judging by how he adamantly refused even butterbeer, thinking it was alcoholic."

And the best:
"When I interviewed Hermione, she said she is, and I quote, 'very good with a wand.' I hadn't expected such an innuendo out of her. In the middle of that interview, she left for the bathroom. Quite the opportune escape." (The moderator usually chastises comments like those, especially when words are twisted as I twisted them, but she was too busy doing a poor job of hiding her laughter.)

I walked home in full garb. Past a group of people waiting to get prom pictures. That satisfied my mischievousness a little bit.

(Another slight satisfaction for mischievousness: "borrowing" a girl's nametag this morning. I kept fingering it every time she looked in my direction, and she still didn't notice. After fifteen minutes, school was starting and I said nonchalantly to her, while looking at the nametag I was wearing, "I really can't see why you cross your k in your signature." She didn't catch on at first, then her eyes bugged out of her skull. We started laughing and I gave her her nametag back. I really think I might have been able to keep it all weekend if I'd tried, lol.)

Oh yeah, I had black buckled shoes on. I hadn't worn them in years and forgot they weren't the most comfortable shoes... Oh well, they fit the look.

My mascara is coming off in flakes.

I got to cover my brother from head to toe in baby powder. Which was so much fun in the wind (not sarcastic, lol, I was upwind). And then I used shimmery eyeshadow on his face to give him a glow. Then I made his face look gaunt and old with darker shadings.

Wow, I feel accomplished, proud, and vaguely embarassed. An area highschool's senior English classes were studying other schools' literary magazines. Out of all the poems in several school's magazines, several of my poems were chosen to be analyzed and such. (In all, I have maybe ten or twelve poems published in the two finished issues.)

Red nail polish is simply not my color. I feel like either a hooker or a secretary, I can't decide which. Or a hair stylist, which isn't surprising, considering what I was doing earlier. I was making a friend's flat, thin hair look like Hermione's without using a curling iron... It ended up being about as similar to Hermione's hair as possible for her. We were both shocked.

The school hired a self-billed Christian magician to do a show today. It wasn't the worst magic show I've seen. It actually wasn't all that bad. However, I was worried that it would take a turn for the worst when he said, "My license plate quotes Matthew Chapter 11, Verse 8..." A semi-speech came of it, but nothing as bad as I feared. And through the entire thing, he was reassuring the audience that everything was fake. No such thing as real magic. So I guess aside from the Scripture quote and half-preaching about our futures, that reassurance was to keep with the "Christian magician" thing. I overheard people discussing the magician this morning before the assembly. "Christian magician? What does he do, pull Jesus out of a hat?"

Explored a used bookstore today after school. I have to go back there some time, lol.

Not really a bad day at all.

There is still some strange thrill in walking down the street all dressed as something, even if people think you're a little nuts. I've done it several times now... not counting Halloween.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238907-loud