*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238009-Your-best-exit-may-be-behind-you
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#238009 added April 20, 2003 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
"Your best exit may be behind you."
No reason to make filters for my camera. My grandfather found some old ones literally lying around. I now have a twinkle filter and a polarizer. I consulted him this morning on what would be good to make a twinkle filter, and he said he'd try to think of some good fibers and such. Then he brought them to dinner today. Turns out they're some of my uncle's old ones. lol, He has enough of them to spare. Very happy about this, could have used them before though. But they don't fit my lens (argh, the hassles of a digital camera balance the benefits) so I have to devise a system for attaching them to my camera. I might just buy extra converter adapters and play with superglue, I'm just afraid of destroying the filters.

Family was over today for Easter dinner. (Happy Easter/Holidays!) They have great senses of humor (probably because they're so similar to mine, gee, I wonder why...). The birdsong clock in my back room chirped the hour and it set my two uncles off onto ideas of different sounds-clocks. They went back and forth with the idea of a "Sounds of New York City" clock. Certain times would be car horns, cursing, subway doors, and 2 AM would be a really loud car alarm.

One of them spent a good while laughing and telling about his business plane-ride to Florida. They changed planes in Georgia, refueled, and then had to take all the fuel out to measure it and then put it back in. He spent a while making fun of the plane's video, which said: "Some seat cushions float." (without specifying which) and "The door weighs 45 lbs. If you do not feel that you would be able to move the door in an emergency, please change seats now." (He looked to the door, and an elderly couple was sitting next to it.) and "Your best exit may be behind you." (Buddhist wisdom on the go.)

A Latin teacher at another school was appalled that my teacher does not force us to read the Psalms in Latin. I am so happy for that. I think I'd be sick of the Psalms very quickly. We did the Nativity in Latin at Christmastime. That Latin was easier, but probably only because I've heard the story a million times.

I got a gift certificate to a garden store with some candy today. My garden is a little barren right now.

Downloaded pictures today. I have to go through them sometime soon.

And my Latin project remains hardly touched. Once I get started, I think I'll be able to move quickly.

Of course, I obtain lenses and within an hour the sky completely clouds over so I can't test them.

Eek! The nails of my right hand are a shade of pinkish lavender. Not good. Okay, slowing fading to the right color...

On to research. Busy day tomorrow.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238009-Your-best-exit-may-be-behind-you