*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235915-Day-Twenty-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#235915 added April 7, 2003 at 9:37pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Three
         I got out of bed, thankful that I never wore pajamas to bed. In fact, I normally wear a large T-shirt and a pair of shorts, not much different than my training clothes, except of course for the occassional leotards. I locked the door carefully behind me and left six Shikigamis to look after my little sister. Three were at the door and three more at the windows. No harm in being overcautious.
         I walked through the quiet hallaways of the school. At this time of the night even most of the Ghosts were sleeping or at least haunting the places where there weren't any humans. At least that was what I thought until I bumped into a seven-foot fox youkai. Long, satin, silvery hair fell past his shoulders, caressing his back. A pair of fox ears were on top of his head and he had the longest and most silky tail I'd ever seen. I ran straight into him.
         As soon as I realized what he was, I did the only thing I could under panic-striken circumstances. I ran.
         He did the only thing he could do under the circumstances.
         He gave chase.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235915-Day-Twenty-Three