*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235398-Vah-Denoune-Latine-loquebar
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#235398 added April 3, 2003 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
"Vah! Denoune Latine loquebar?"
"Vos omnes fortasse creditis me alquid grave ac memorabile Latine dicturum esse. Re vera, illud facere non in animo habeo. Etenim perlecturus sum vobis catalogum lavandariorum. Hic incipit. Tibialium paria tria, subuncularum quinque, tunicae duae, nullum amylum. Sic, actum est. Mihi plaudere nunc potestis. Die dulci fruimini.... Vah! Denoune Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

You all probably think I am going to say something weighty and memorable in Latin. Well, I'm not. What I'm going to do is read you my laundry list. Here it is. There pairs of socks, five underwear, two shirts, no starch. There, that's it. You can applaud now. Have a nice day.... Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out."
- from Even More Occasions for Latin

E-mail surveys can be so interesting. This is a friend's description of me. I'm described as "the serious one, who is a Scully when it comes to the paranormal, a conspiracy theorist, and a bit of a loony when she’s hyper. She has hair that even she can’t classify as a color, eyes that sparkle when she’s happy, and the best form of sarcasm I’ve heard anywhere."

Aww, shucks.

...My eyes sparkle?

"Weltschmerz, n. from Weltschmerz 'world pain': sorrow which one feels and accepts as his necessary portion in life; mental depression or apathy caused by comparison of the actual state of the world with an ideal state; sentimental pessimism or sadness." - from some online dictionary

Just took several quizzes on http://www.similarminds.com/ . Ennegrams and such. The results for the one with word association:
"I have issues with: work, walls, sadness, freedom, health."

And my Ennegram results:

6w5
"Professional specialists, 6w5s seek out career security and are more wary in personal relations. If you win their loyalty, they will never waver. They are both sceptical and likely to cling to some system or set of beliefs to keep anxiety at bay."

or

5w6
"You are extremely progressive, indecisive, and inquisitive. You have low self control and care more about having a good relationship than a good career. You are introverted and prefer to blend into most environments. You sleep more than most."

Well, I think I have fairly high self-control in most cases. And it's funny how those two are opposites on the career vs. relationships issue. And I do not sleep more than most. I'm not an insomniac, but most people actually have the physical ability to nap. Most of the rest of them, I agree with.

This was from one of the other descriptions: "People only understand what is familiar, if you exist outside the norms, few will ever understand you." ::sigh:: How true.

I knew of déjà vu. I had heard of jamais vu (doing something you've done before, but it feels new). I had never heard of presque vu--the feeling that you're on the verge of a mental breakthrough. I think I'll use that phrase more often.

Trig to study. I have to do well on every test this quarter. Someone said the test was easy, but I won't know until I take it.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235398-Vah-Denoune-Latine-loquebar