*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235245-Dos-and-Donts-of-being-in-a-relationship
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#235245 added April 2, 2003 at 7:38pm
Restrictions: None
Do's and Don'ts of being in a relationship
Okay my faithful readers, today's posting is about how to have a successful relationship with someone.

Do's:

Do openly communicate with your SO (significant other)

Do trust them

Do tell them how important they are to you

Do spend time together

Do be prepared to give 100%. A lot say that it is a 50-50....no, it isn't. There will be times when one of you can't give even 50%....pick up the slack.

Do compromise on certain things...both of you.

Do committ. If this is an exclusive relationship, you need to know that he/she will expect you to committ to them. This is good.

Do be honest. Even if you do mess up...if will sound a lot better coming from you then it will coming from anyone else.

Dont's:

Don't smother them....everyone needs space

Don't spend every waking moment with them...this will become old, you will run out of good clean stuff to do and get into trouble


MISC:

*Each person in the relationship should maintain their friendships from before the relationship began. It is good to have mutual friends, and it is good to hang out with a group together. But it is very important that you do not just "drop" your friends....girls should still occasionally go out with the chick friends and guys shouls do the same. This will keep the friendship line open and there won't be hard feelings.


Why do I post this? Well, a few people very recently have asked about what I would do differently in my next relationship....and I thought that what I learned, I should post about. You know, put it in writing.

Hope this helps....
Beckie

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/235245-Dos-and-Donts-of-being-in-a-relationship