*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234015-Love
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#234015 added March 25, 2003 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Love?
"i love you jen you are my life........"

These are the exact words copied off of the messenger of a guy back in my youth group in NY. He is 16. "Jen" is almost 18. I am not against age differences in relationships....my parents are 21 years apart. My posting tonight is about love. And my main question is this... "Does he really even know what love is?" I am not downing him at all. I am just asking. I remember telling my boyfriend at 16 that I loved him. And I did....just not like I thought I did. I loved being with him.....he was a friend from childhood, that popped into my life again. And I really wanted to love him. Steve and I shared a mutual love that was more of a friendship type love. It wasn't until I really did fall in love that I saw the difference.

I believe that you can love more than once. I mean, really love. I believe it because I have. My first love....I shall never forget. Well...he is one of my very closest friends....Joey. When I truly loved him....I knew it. It really did it me like a ton of bricks. Hard and fast. And, I wonder if he really knows?

My second love? Jay. Without a doubt. He has taught me so much. Good and bad. But when all of that went down the drain, he told me that if there was only one thing that he ever learned from me...it was how to love. And I was like "Oh really?" And he told me that it was because I had truly given it a lot...when he couldn't...when he just didn't care. And he told me that he knew without a doubt I loved him. This was all during a conversation just before I moved...because awhile back, while in the pit of the divorce, he asked if I ever really loved him at all. And when I saw him before I moved, I told him that it hurt. And he proceeded to tell me what you just read about. And it made me feel good.

I know what love is...and I hope that everyone gets to experience it in life...it is a wonderful thing.

Anyways, just a thought....and by the way. When I read that on his messenger...I got chills. And then smiled. :) I truly hope it is what they think it is.......

*Smiling softly*
The Bek

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/234015-Love