*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233976-a-sigh-a-shudder-a-trill
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#233976 added March 25, 2003 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
a sigh, a shudder, a trill
What disturbs me most about public support for this war is that more and more frequently, people are not distinguishing between Iraqi soldiers/militants and Iraqi civilians. I hear people say things like: "So when is Iraq going to be a crater?" and "Let's bomb the crap out of 'em!"... And I shudder. I watched a girl in my US History class get extremely emotional on the same topic. Too few people realize that every nation has its innocents.

Played my flute solo for my piano teacher. She loved it and wanted to hear it a second time. I have it down pretty well, just need to speed it up a little more. And the trills have gotten so pretty.

My youngest brother's Confirmation is tomorrow night, so I have tons to do tonight. And have not yet started. This should be fun.

There are few things I have no self-control in. Eating popcorn is one of those few. And my brothers brought home really good popcorn... Noooo!!...

So tired these past few days.

Couldn't make it to the funeral for the pastor, but I went to the mass for him last night. It was bilingual, but it was done skillfully, unlike other bilingual masses I've been to. (We've got a large Hispanic population.) There was a viewing beforehand, and the coffin was open when I went in, but it was closed before the mass began. The church was so full, and about ten priests were present, all presiding. The Knights of Columbus made a sort of honor guard, and the Spanish equivalent (I've seen them a million times and never found out what they're called) did the same. There was only standing room when my dad and I got there. It was sad. A little boy sitting in the last pew was crying silently through the whole mass. He was one of many, but I was standing right behind him through most of it and he almost got me started.

Oh... and it was awful... Near the end, a HUGE bug was crawling on my shoe... I really, really didn't want to kill it. There is just something fundamentally wrong with taking any sort of life inside of a church. So I tried discreetly brush it off my shoe with the wall. It only moved to the bottom of my heel, so eventually I flicked it off and it started crawling away across the aisle. My dad said jokingly, "That's the biggest tick I've ever seen." I couldn't not smile. I had to hide behind him to calm down, it just looks wrong if you're grinning at something like that.... What makes it worse is that one of the men standing in the back of the church with us saw it crawling across the carpet and almost started laughing too. He brushed it out of the thoroughfare and over to a corner... Let's just say that the next person in the confessional is going to get an interesting surprise...

Oh, wonderful. Sore wrist. Better type my projects and get done quickly.

"I've got a non-stop-hole-in-my-head imagination..."

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233976-a-sigh-a-shudder-a-trill