*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233412-Day-Eighteen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#233412 added March 24, 2003 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
Day Eighteen
         Kurama, Hiei and I waited for out first class of students to arrive. We were teaching the fifth years of Ravenclaw and Grfyyindor. This was going to be interesting. As usual, Hiei looked extremely forbidding in all black and that scowl of his to match. Kurama was drop-dead gorgeous; from afar I could see that several of the approaching students were on the verge of fainting, and I was wearing the same long-sleeved white blouse and slit-up-one-thigh-leather skirt that I wore yesterday. Thank goodness there weren't any bloodstains on them.
         Only Hiei and I had our weapons out. I was holding a long, double-bladed scythe that was about my height. Contrast to its' looks, it was quite light, and the blades were made out of Diamond, the hardest susbtance in the world (well, it cut through everything I guess). The material of the staff was a tone of blue that was both dark and yet light. Yet it was not totally blue but mixed with a touch of purple. I was not so much as holding it as I was leaning against it. The ceremony had taken much out of me. I had lost most of my reserves, and all I had left was enough to keep me moving on my feet but not much more. Hiei had a forbidding look on his face, but he was also worried. My sister had charged him with my welfare until lunch. I knew he did not want her to do 'bad things' to him. I wondered how innocent this little guy really was.
         "Daijobu?" Kurama whispered, asking me if I was well.
         I nodded in return. I knew now that somehow, the man who was more dangerous than Voldie was watching me, and that he would be waiting for a misstep. I was not going to give him that.
         "You know, you should not have gotten out of bed. You and Sukina barely have nine hours of rest between you," Kurama whispered in my ear.
         He was right, although I was shaking my head. I did not want to miss this anyway. All three of our classes were closely interrelated this time, and it would seem better to teach them the basics before they went back to class. Kurama wanted to teach them the basic attack/defence system of demons while I was there to help teach them what was the difference between using wands and weaponary. Hiei, unbelivable as it may seem, was to teach them the basics of martial arts. Those were, of course, the official reasons. We were there primarily for one reason alone.
         To make sure Hiei didn't kill anyone.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/233412-Day-Eighteen