*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231803-You-havent-a-clue
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#231803 added March 12, 2003 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
You haven't a clue
Anyone out there know what Fibro Myalgia is? It is a disease that affects the body and the mind. There is no cause for it, and no cure. Some days, you can't remember anything, and others, you have no problems. You hurt 24/7 like the worst day of the worst flu you've ever had. Imagine that....all the time. You learn to deal with the pain....but when some days are worse than others, and a migraine gets tossed in...you can hardley deal with that. It is something that drugs can ease, but you have to pray you can keep the drugs down.

No, I do not have fibro. But one of my closest friends does. She is here tonight, with me. And, I have to sit and watch her, knowing that there is nothing I can do to take it away. Just be here. You know what she said to me tonight? "I wish I had cancer...." I said "no, you don't mean that." And she said "yes I do. At least with cancer you get to die in the end."

How do you respond to that? I just sat there and cried thinking that she would rather die.....

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/231803-You-havent-a-clue