*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/230675-When-is-it-okay
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#230675 added March 4, 2003 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
When is it okay?
I did some research tonight, after 2 awesome phone conversations with 2 awesome friends....

I looked up some words in the dictionary, and this is what I got....

Love:
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

Okay, so that covers that, right? Simply put? Uh..no, not quite. Love is that and so much more...but read on....

Infatuation:
1: foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration
2: temporary love of an adolescent [syn: puppy love, calf love, crush]
3: an object of extravagant short-lived passion

Hmmmmmm, interestingly put.

Friendship:
The state of being friends; friendly relation, or attachment, to a person, or between persons; affection arising from mutual esteem and good will; friendliness; amity; good will.

Okay, why this? Well, some of us girls....my friends and I are confused on a few things. What are we to the other people in our lives? Where does our "relationship" fit in? I mean, not just significant others....but all people. And when do you know that a line has to be drawn? When does friendship turn into love....not just love, but the love that will last a lifetime...the kind that it takes to marry, and be with someone (happily) for the rest of your life?

Onto other quesitons....
When is it okay to be with someone after a breakup, time or divorce? When is that defined? HOW is it defined?

ARGH! These quesitons are flooding my mind....yes, I have been married before, I have loved before. So, when is it okay to do so again? I know what love is...I really do...but why does it confuse me sometimes then? Don't hand me the famous line of "you'll just know." I don't want that answer. I want to know what you guys think about it, and when, why.....can we love again? Tell me....give mesome input here people...ya'll read about my life....some of you daily.....others sporatically.....tell me!!!

The Bek

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/230675-When-is-it-okay