*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/225179-The-Trip-to-Missouri
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#225179 added February 3, 2003 at 2:26pm
Restrictions: None
The Trip to Missouri
Yeah, I am here. I have made it in one piece...barely.

Church yesterday morning was great. It truly was...Pastor Burke talked about the foolish. Then, we went to my house, and jodi and her boys were there, then aunt gail. So, the crew was there....

We had lunch, and then changed, and Eric, Joelle and I packed up the rest of the truck. NOw, Saturday night, there had been this big huge issue because all of the stuff wouldn't fit, the lid on the truck bed wouldn't close...so much stuff. I was to the point that I was going to flip out if one more thing went wrong.....so, by the time we were packing up the rest of the truck.....I was on some serious edge. So, we got it all in there. JUST BARELY. Then, it was time for the good byes. First I said good bye to Heather- she needed to go to bed...then jodi's boys- then Patrick. I started to cry, and was doing really good holding it in, and not letting him see me- till he dropped a package of tissues in my pocket "in case I needed them." Yeah, that did it. Jodi made me cry, then mom, then dad, the aunt gail. Yeah......those were rough. I really didn't expect it to be that bad.....I thought maybe a "You can always come back" instead I got a "Are you sure about this? It isn't too late...please don't go." From a few og them. So that was rough.

Then, my hip displaced itself. It does that every now and again, but Feather has always been the one to put it back in. Aside form the physical therapist, no one else can. So....it finally went back in after a late dinner (Thank You Jesus).

Okay, then...about 11:30pm, I get pulled overin Indiana. Me and another guy. I am not a happy Beckie about this. I was on cruise control. Going 75. Still speeding I know, but not passing anyone, or doing anything stupid. I admitted to the cop that I was doing 75mph. He said clocked me at 88. *rolls eyes* It isn't possible. GRRR. So, I now have a ticket for the middle of nowhere Indiana....and a $97 fine. If he had got me for speeding for the 75mph- which I was doing on speed control, the fine would have been $40 less. Yeah, great, isn't it?

Anyways, the hip went out again on the trip, none of us could really sleep a lot, I woke up feeling car sick about 4am, then I drove. We got here about 6:15am, MO time. We hit the bed (seperate ones....:) ) after calling NY to let them know we were here. So, we are thanking God for a safe trip....even if it wans't very.....smooth all the time!

~The Bek

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/225179-The-Trip-to-Missouri