*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224562-the-bookbinder-the-surprise-party-and-the-stigmata
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#224562 added January 31, 2003 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
the bookbinder, the surprise party, and the stigmata
We had a meeting today for staff of the literary magazine. The bookbinder came to tell us what kinds of cardstock we can use, the colors we can use, and how many pages we should have and things like that. I'm not really one to judge based on appearance alone, but it is slightly worrying when your bookbinder is missing the tip of his index finger. Ah, well, they've done a good job in the past...

Had a surprise birthday party for a friend tonight. Goal accomplished: she was surprised and happy. We had fun... And I'm still stuffed, three hours later. The food was too good, especially the cake.

By the way, Happy Chinese New Year! Is it the year of the goat?

This weekend I've got to look into markets. And/or people I can shadow. The guidance counselor at school said she'd help with finding someone I can shadow, but she didn't know where to look either. Guess I'm on my own again.

Listening to LOTR II while editing. Perfect for this part of the story. Going to try to finish that story.

I have a scratch across the middle of my palm. I have no idea what it's from, but it hasn't faded much over the past week. A friend and I were joking about it being a poorly placed Stigmata--I being extremely holy and all.

Secondhand paraphrased quote of the night: "She's too holy to be a nun. She'd never last." [In reference to a rather devout (And I'm not sure even "devout" covers it.) teacher I had last year. The quote was spoken by a nun.]

Going to go edit and then read actual published books. (::a gasp arises from the readers::)

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224562-the-bookbinder-the-surprise-party-and-the-stigmata