*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222360-Day-Nine
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#222360 added February 24, 2003 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Day Nine
         I got out of the car but did not leave it. There was a look of utmost horror on Kurama's face, and we were both quite aware of what Hiei would do when cornered.
         I honestly did not envy Hiei. He most likely had done something to make my sister get so annoyed. I know my little sister. It takes a lot to make her annoyed, much less really angry. While Kurama closed the door and hurried over towards them, I stood at the car, waiting for one of the kids to look in my direction. I haven't seen them for nearly five years, and the little babies I once held in my hands were no longer babies.
         One of them, upon realizing that Kurama was there, turned to look at the direction from whence he came. There was a frown on her face and she tugged at her companion's sleeve. Her companion, a deep brown, hazel-eyed child, observed me for a moment and just as gravely, I looked back at her. Suddenly, I tilted my head a little to a side and grinned. The child pulled free of her restraint and ran to me. "'Kaa-san (Mother)!" she called out, running as fast as her short legs could carry her.
         I closed the door and moved to catch her in my arms. I missed my little child, my goddaughter. She had been only two years old when we parted, and I was unsure that she would recognize me. I hugged her close to me to inhale her scent. She smelled of trees, grasses, and all kinds of outdoor smells, and to a certain extent, in marginal need of a bath (That was from Seeress of Kell by Leigh and David Eddings). I thought that she was a tomboy. "'Kaa-san, I missed you. Where were you?" she asked me. I didn't answer her, but merely carried her in my arms over to where my sister stood, still watching the tree. Hiei must have really pissed her off.
         "Konichiwa," I greeted her.
         "Konichiwa," she said, not taking her eyes off the short, cowering man on a tree branch.
         "What happened?" I asked.
         "Just frightening him," she said in our secret language. Both of us had taken a course in ancient language when we were younger. It came from being an Alin'sa. Warning, advert alert! That's another story actually, so check it out in my Dreams folder.
         "He should have known better than to try to scare a kid with a glare," she explained.
         “Who kicked him?" I asked, guessing actually.
         "I did, I did!" a younger boy, who looked like my goddaughter except that he had blond hair said. "And he took out his katana!" he continued.
         "What happened after that?" I asked, fondly ruffling the boy's hair.
         "This. I blew my top, scared the hell out of him, and well, he's been like a neko(cat) ever since," she admitted.
         "Why don't you tell him that you'll desist if he'll come with us to Hogwarts?" I asked.
         "Not quite yet. He's not that desperate yet, and we'll give him another few minutes. Why don't you take Kurama in with you and say hie to 'Kaa-san Ikari? Without his friend here, it'll be easier to break him," she said grinning evilly at me.
         "You're evil, you know that?" I grinned in return.
         "Of course! We evil people always get our way, don't ya know?" she said.
         We both looked up at Hiei and gave him our patented (hey, we paid sixty bucks for that! :p) 'We're-the-embodiement-of-the-worse-kind-of-evil-you'll-find-anywhere' Look. The look worked effectively as it did in the Hannibal Lecter series as well as tonnes of other classical, evil villains’ movie. Since 1990, we've managed to rake in about US$10milion each. Hey, Bollywood uses it the most often! Hiei was shivering even more.

         Ten minutes later, there was Hiei, all nicely packed and ready to leave. He stood as far away as he could from my sister though. ^_^

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222360-Day-Nine