*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217648-Not-bad-for-lowerno-budget
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#217648 added January 3, 2003 at 3:49pm
Restrictions: None
Not bad for low...er...no budget
"A terrible thought can have a terribly long career." - "Terrible Thought," Poe (the singer, not the writer)... How true that is...

Right now, my dog has one good leg. He can hardly limp. Took him to the emergency vetrinary hospital at 10 o'clock last night. The road was unmarked, so we got lost and spent an extra 15 minutes looking for the place. The entire ride my dog was whimpering. We didn't leave there until midnight. The vet said it might be Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, arthritis, some sort of bacteria, or something else. Wonderful. We're taking him to his vet today.

Slept over a friend's house the night before last. We watched movies that night. We were going to make a Blair Witch/When Animals Attack-type movie about tinsel, but we were too lazy. Yesterday, we ended up spending most of the day working on a completely unplanned movie... sort of a James Bond take-off. Discovered I'm good at masking location with movies as well as still pictures. All the sounds worked perfectly. (Okay, so we have to do some sound editing, but only in the clip before the teaser. That's what digital cameras and computers are for. But the rest worked beautifully.) The lighting, too, was surprisingly good in some of the scenes. I was shocked. We only had three people (and a get-away driver) working on it so we all acted some. Remind me not to chase after a car in the cold and wet again... especially if it's in the wrong gear and I beat it... and especially if there's no way I can work a coat into the scene...

And a random clip of, "OH CRAP!"

"This isn't bad for a low budget movie."
"What are you talking about? We're a NO budget movie!"

"It looks like you were walking downstairs sideways! Get your butt in the corner. Stop laughing, just do it. No, not like that! Get your butt in the corner. It's just a reference point. I'll tell you where to go from there." My directing skills in action. lol, it actually ended up looking not bad, once she figured out what I was telling her to do. If a "dead body" can look not bad... especially with such a hideous costume combination. Hint: lime green sparkling feather boas match NOTHING. lol, that was one of the best scenes though.

"She's dead."
"Oh." [pauses, cracks up. We had come up with no line for the character.]

"We can't use real wine! Even if we pour it back, your mom will most likely be seeing this tape!"

"And a lone feather falls to the floor."

"I'll use the bongos to keep the door open."

And another piece of advice. Make sure your get-away car is on...

Okay, I have to practice. Now. Auditions are tomorrow and I still don't have the scales entirely down. Maybe there will be a foot of snow?... Yeah, right. We called today, they want it to go on unless dire circumstances arise.

© Copyright 2003 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/217648-Not-bad-for-lowerno-budget