*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/216176-Inspiration-and-Excuses
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#216176 added December 28, 2002 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Inspiration and Excuses
On the travel thing again, just for a few sentences though.

I get inspired when I read stories about people who set out to see the world with no real plan in mind. They know where they're going to start, but after that, they let the winds take them. That's what I think I'd have to do if I ever set out to visit the places I've listed. I hate itineraries.

Off that topic now before you all get sick of my talking about it.

Inspiration doesn't usually lead to action for me. I wish it did. I finished reading a book I got my brother for Christmas and I was inspired to go out and do the things on my to-do lists. I don't think I got one thing done. I'm not sure I even started anything. I finished reading an inspiring book about writing and creativity. And I didn't lift a pen. I meant to draw, but things got in the way.

I mean to practice, but I get distracted.

I mean to get together with friends more, but I forget.

I mean to read more, but other things come first.

I mean to write, but I have trouble during the day and no time at night. But I have been writing in my real journal a lot very recently.

I mean to catch up on SAT work, but schoolwork takes that time usually. Besides the fact that the I've found several grammar mistakes in the program... Thankfully in the math section.

I mean to learn other languages, but they are far down on the list. They're in that extremely dusty area I never seem to get to.

I'm making an awful lot of excuses for myself, aren't I?

I have to get out and do.

I need a month off, lol, but I'll take what I can get. So I'd better seize it while I have it.

Carpe diem et noctem.
(Ha! A use for Latin!)

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/216176-Inspiration-and-Excuses