*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/214170-I-havent-sung-in-so-long
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#214170 added December 17, 2002 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
"I haven't sung in so long..."
Just got back from my piano lesson. I only played part of one song on piano because my teacher wanted to hear my audition piece and some carols on the flute.

I played the Mozart piece pretty well, but I kept speeding up and slowing down. She loved my trills.

Then she wanted me to play Christmas carols, so I let her pick some out. She told me stories about some of them. She once had a recital where she sang "Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella" in French with a harpiscord and harp. Her mother cried during it, so she thought she was singing horribly. Turns out, it was so beautiful it brought tears to her mother's eyes. She started singing, in English, while I was playing it.

"I haven't sung in so long," she said afterward. "And you've made me sing. If I was still singing I'd find pieces for vocal and flute and we'd have such a wonderful time." She was so happy I'd played for her. It feels nice to make someone's night.

If I could just curl up with a book right now, I would have had a very good day... But I have a lot of work to do tonight.

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/214170-I-havent-sung-in-so-long