*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/210460-Physics-ARGH
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#210460 added December 2, 2002 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
Physics... ARGH!
I really hate studying for Physics. I have a two chapter test tomorrow. I understand the concepts as well as possible, but I can never keep the letters and numbers straight in the formulae!

Okay, my Physics teacher is a PhD chemist who used to work in the private sector. In the corporate world, not every formula has to be memorized. If scientists went around trusting their memories completely, they could end up screwing up something minor and losing their company lots of money. He should know this. So why should we be expected to know the formulae by heart? If we understand how to use them, and understand the concepts behind them, and know how to manipulate them, that should be more important than knowing off the top of our heads that g=(GMp)/(d^2). I think that's the right formula for gravity... I can't do sub- or superscript.

And it's eight o'clock. And I have no idea where to start studying for this test. And I may use the argument in the last paragraph to fight for the formulae to be written on the board....

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/210460-Physics-ARGH