*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/209580-Turkey-Day-Boredom
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#209580 added November 28, 2002 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Turkey Day Boredom
I keep getting random songs in my head. Not that that's unusal. What's unusual is that I haven't heard half these songs in months, if not a year or more. Evita was in my head during my last Trig/PreCalc test. I thought I was getting out of that too. During most Algebra tests last year I had that show's music in my head. I listened to the CDs once or twice through after seeing the movie and for the next three or four months, I had the music in my head only during math tests. No idea why then. Then last week several times I had Loreena McKennitt's "Huron Beltane Firedance" in my head. Haven't heard that once since early September at the latest, because that's when we got a new CD burner and my files got screwed up and I stopped downloading music. And just now I have some Sarah McLaughlin song in my head. I have no idea which one. Only one little part of it though.

It is now 10:30 and I was not hungry until ten minutes ago. The site I've been using for SAT prep had pictures of eclaires and cake and random desserts. My mom used to say I had "sweets radar" because I always would end up in the kitchen when something sweet was out. I didn't usually come in with that intention, but my timing was perfect...

This site is sort of insulting at times. It's too simple at some points and then doesn't give enough information at others.

I'm halfway through another Reading Level 4 book. I've always wondered how they determine reading level. I'll have to ask a librarian, but she might not know either.

Now that SAT thing is showing cherry pie. I would love to know their thought processes behind these pictures. This is the first one I've been able to make some connection with the material... Fractions and pie.

And now that I've mentioned that fire dance it's back in my head.

Well, my class ring is on its way back to the company to be resized.

Of course the one time I've had time and actually wanted to write more of my story was the time I decided I'd walk to the video rental place with my brother. In the cold. To a store that we should've known wouldn't be open anyway. Oh well, only half an hour wasted. But by the time I came in I was so wide awake and freezing that I had forgotten that urge entirely. I need to find out which gloves in my house work and which don't, because I went outside today in gloves I thought would stay toasty, but when I got half a block down the street the wind started whistling through them.

Something else in my head now. I think it's from the Dune miniseries. I haven't watched that since a week after it was on. I think it's a mix of that and something else.

All right, when my vision starts to move and shift and it looks like the monitor is breathing I know it's time to go to bed. Good night.

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/209580-Turkey-Day-Boredom