*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/202264-Day-Six
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#202264 added November 5, 2002 at 2:06am
Restrictions: None
Day Six
         Ah...... The pleasures of soaking in a nice, long, hot bath after a tiring days' work. The fact that the place where I was was the famous hot springs of Hokkaido seem to add to the charm. It was autumn here, and the coldness added to another layer of delightful pleasure...
         "Miss, your laptop," the old woman said, bringing in a small laptop to the secluded pool where I lounged and plugged it into a small power point.
         I laid back into the water, waiting for the laptop to heat up. There was just something so relaxing about hot water. Looking up, I closed my eyes and did some simple breathing exercises.
         A hoot made me open my eyes. It landed on an owl I recognized as being from Hogwarts. It was standing rather precariously on the screen of the laptop. Removing the letter from it's feet, I read it and smiled to myself. "There now, Barbara, that wasn't so bad,was it?" I said to myself. I remembered my promise to her and reminded myself to get the digitalized copies of Snape in all his loveliness. I *shuddered* in the agony that went through my mind when I'd opened the mags, but it was of no use as his splendid body stuck in my mind. GODS! Why would anyone want to do such things I don't know, but my taste did not run to men like him.
         "Mistress?" a beautiful young mother was standing behind me, a look of concern on her face.
         It's nothing, Plenia. I was trying to erase some bad memories," I told her.
         "You mean Potions Master Snape? He has a superb physique to be sure, but I think Rajah has a better bod," she giggled like a small school girl.
         "Help! I'm surrounded by sex-crazed fiends!" I said in my mind to her. Plenia merely laughed.


         It was quite some time later when I reached my home country. Dimensional travel is all and good, but no one shoud push themselves to do it. The effects of the hot bath was nearly gone not thanks to that old wound I received while training quite some years back.
         "Hello Tarot," I said absently to the phoenix owl. It hooted at me again, and I grinned. One of the benefits of being a Shikigami MIstress is the ability to grasp the lagnuages of 'Magical' creatures. Dragons and Unicorns were my favourites.
         I rummaged through one of my drawers in the room I shared with a college mate and pulled out a carefully-wrapped package. I then proceeded to mail them off to Barb, as I had promised to give her the remaining issues of Snape that had appeared in PLaywitch. Of course, I remembered to include a letter congatulating her. There was no need for her to know about the relationship Interpol had with Dumbledore.

         When Tarot was gone and the house unusually quiet for a weekday, I turned on my computer and started typing. Moldie was lying low and so was BKRG. Something was up, and I needed to find out what. There had been sightings of them in some places, but most of them were just that, sightings. NOne of my girls were able to pick up a single trace of them, not even the five girls I'd assigned when I first found out about Moldie several years ago.
         After two hours, there was still nothing. The only thing people were talking about was the Eye of the Heart. IT was a jewel the size of my heart and what was so special about it was the different shades and colours it presented.
         In yellow light, the jewel was green, but then the shades would be so varied from different angles that it would seem to be crystal-clear instead. It was also the same for other coloured-lights. I had seen the jewel once, and overheard someone say that is was pureIt was also rumoured that it had magical powers, but that had been disproved by the Wizarding Community quite some time back.
         Or had it? I clicked on the icon again, and I really took a good look at the jewel. As I examined its image on my computer closer, I realized that even in a static image, the colours would change if you looked at it from different angles. "Oh no," I said to myself. "That's the Eye."

© Copyright 2002 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/202264-Day-Six