*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/201236-Times-of-trial-and-tribulation
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #551218
Jots of thoughts as they flit through the rummage of my mind.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#201236 added October 26, 2002 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Times of trial and tribulation
Finally, the Washington D.C. area sniper is caught. I can only imagine the terror the people in sniper alley felt, but I understand some of it because my daughter lives and works there. We've had enough pain and heartache, so I'm thankful she escaped his notice.

Pain and heartache... our country has suffered so much the past few years, as has my family. Memories of the Oklahoma City bombing (just a few miles from my home)and September 11th mix with those of the recent, senseless killings. Added to the mixure, my family constantly faces the pain of two missing children, my grandchildren taken and hidden by their father. Life doesn't seem fair... No, life is NOT fair. Without faith, continuing seems pointless. I'm thankful today that my God provides the strength I need, my wonderful husband of forty years supplies the love and support, my children and grandchildren (the ones I can see, touch, and hear) give me joy everyday.

The pouring outside my window could so easily be the metaphore of today, but it isn't. Despite dreary skies, my heart sings with happiness. Despite the cool air nipping around my feet, my soul is warm. My husband gives me that "gosh, you're beautiful" look that only he manages; and I feel beautiful, if only for a few moments. My ten-year-old grandson, who's too 'big' for hugs, runs and gives me a tight, long hug; and my heart overflows, especially when he whispers, "I love you, Granny." Ahh, the day is bright with sunshine!

Vivian Gilbert Zabel

© Copyright 2002 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/201236-Times-of-trial-and-tribulation