*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/198698-Fools-Mate
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#198698 added October 13, 2002 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
Fool's Mate
I was playing chess online last night with a friend of mine from gradeschool. I lost both games, but I'm getting better. They were really close. I had checkmates lined up. I'm getting much better at strategy I think. I won two games against him before those two I lost, but he was teaching me Fool's Mate (four move checkmate) so they don't count.

My parents have friends coming over in an hour. The last time they were over their daughter (who is a year older than I am and looks like she's twelve or thirteen) was so stuck up and rude to my brothers and me. I really do try to be kind to most people, but I was completely ready to start a fight with her right there in my living room after she made a couple derogatory comments towards/about my brothers. Her cousin came with her and was no better.

I have to study for a Literature test soon. I have a test on selections from The Canterbury Tales on Monday.

I also have to write an essay about my extracurricular activities because I'm nominated for the National Honor Society. I really don't like essays like that, they seem so forced. And I don't like talking about myself. It sounds so much like bragging.

My site is finally updated! I was online until after midnight on Friday night doing some updates. I was so relieved to get it done. The focus of it is shifting towards creative writing.

My mom put nylon strings on my brother's three-quarter guitar. They are so much easier on the fingers, lol. I've played maybe a total of two hours between today and yesterday. She said she's going to put nylon strings on the old classical one I've been using. (Apparently though, the person who she bought it from did not know that it was classical and used a pick on it, making tons of pock-marks and gouges on the guitar...)

Anyway, I'd better get going. I have to study... and I think I may take breaks for the guitar... lol, I'm having fun with it now that my fingers aren't absolutely killing me every time I play. But, as my mom assured me, someday I'll have to learn on steel again, lol. Not yet though.

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/198698-Fools-Mate