*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/192750-Irish-Personalities
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#192750 added September 15, 2002 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Irish Personalities
My nextdoor neighbor's in the hospital. Nothing major--if she was much younger. Her skin is almost like tracing paper... I worry about her. She's so headstrong and independent (well, she tries to be--Alzheimer's and age aren't condusive to that) and stubborn. lol, Her Irish side coming out.

On the way over to the hospital there were three herons (one great blue and two night) standing in a stream from a waterfall. It's rare to even see one.

But anyway, on the way over, my mom was talking about my great-grandmothers and how they were polar opposites. My grandfather's mother was an old farm mother with ten children. She was your stereotypical grandmother: white hair, loved sewing, stopped watching soaps when they became racy, possibly never had a drink in her life, extremely subdued. On the other hand, my grandmother's mother was completely different: loved telling stories, liked her drink (not in excess though), and only started watching soaps when they got racy. My neighbor reminds my mom of her "wild" gradmother. lol, My mom said that she "was a Ryan and acted it". Again with the Irish.

Anyway, it's getting late and tomorrow is a school day. Yeah, so it's a half-day, but it's still an early wake-up.

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/192750-Irish-Personalities