*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/188471-Deja-Vu-vs-Vu-Ja-De
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#188471 added August 25, 2002 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Deja Vu vs. Vu Ja De
Back from the beach. There were too many jellyfish in the water do go in past our ankles, but we found other things to do.

My God, has it really almost been a year since September 11?

I wonder what my school's going to do for it. I bet some kind of mass or prayer service. At least a moment of silence.

I heard the most awful phrase the other day. It was something like "...to celebrate September 11". I know they didn't mean it that way, judging by the rest of the commercial, but people really need to pay attention to what they say.

There was something else I meant to say....

"You seem to have control,
But deep within your soul
You're losing it..."
- "Breakdown," Tantric. The song that's on my playlist right now.

I've been getting non-deja vu deja vu recently. I was calling it deja vu until I found out that it wasn't really deja vu. Deja vu is experiencing something and then experiencing something again. What I was calling deja vu is experiencing something and realizing that you have an exact memory of it happening before although it couldn't have. Like sort of a memory from a half-remembered dream or something...

I don't know if that paragraph made any sense whatsoever... It did to me.

I'll have to look on my para-shelf (honestly, I have a shelf of New Age/fringe science/UFO books...) to see if that sort of a thing has a name besides non-deja vu deja vu.

"Vu ja de - The feeling that none of this has ever happened before" - paraphrased from George Carlin

I have been on a Lord of the Rings thing since I finished the last book and watched the movie again (this was over two weeks ago)... It fades in and out, but I keep getting fan fiction ideas... Argh...

I should go read Dracula. Two days till school starts and three books to finish. This should get interesting...

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/188471-Deja-Vu-vs-Vu-Ja-De