*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/187136-upbeat-playlist-with-downbeat-undertones
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#187136 added August 19, 2002 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
upbeat playlist with downbeat undertones.....
The thing about an online journal is that literally anyone can read it. Therefore anger and other strong emotions cannot be vented, no matter how much they demand to be. So they can simmer for extended periods of time, eventually becoming a dormant volcano.

"Wonderwall" by Oasis is playing.

"Today is gonna be the day that
They're gonna throw it back to you.
By now shoulda somehow realized what you gotta do.
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.

And all the roads that lead you there are winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
And there are many things that I would like to say to you,
But I don't know how.
'Cause maybe, you're gonna be the one
That saves me,
'Cause afterall,
You're my wonderwall.

Backbeat, the word is on the street
That the fire in your heart is out.
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt.
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding.
There are many things that I would like to say to you,
But I don't know how.
'Cause maybe, you're gonna be the one
That saves me,
'Cause afterall,
You're my wonderwall.

Today is gonna be the day
But they'll never throw it back to you.
By now you shoulda somehow realized what you're not to do.
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.

And all the roads that lead you there are winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
And there are many things that I would like to say to you,
But I don't know how.
I said maybe, you're gonna be the one
That saves me,
And afterall,
You're my wonderwall.
[fade]"

No, that had no point. Just felt like doing something completely mindless like writing down the lyrics to a song would clear my mind somewhat. And it has done a little...

Now "Beautiful Day" by U2 is on. I'm not going to write the lyrics, lol, even if I could understand all of them. I love both these songs though.

I've gotten through one of my summer reading books. Four to go.

I wish I could say it was a beautiful night... if only I could see more stars from the window... Not that you can see most of them at my area anyway...

"...has changed the course of history..." I really don't like that statement. Who's to say that history has a set course anyway? Anything can happen and often does.

"A New Day" by Celine Dion is now on... This is my upbeat playlist, lol. Honestly entitled "Upbeat".

"Let the rain come down
And wash away my tears..."

I'm not going to quote that song either.

I'm slowly realizing how many people I have never seen really happy. Many of them I have known for years. There's always something there eating them from the inside out, keeping a true smile from their faces. So many things betray that, no matter how hard they try. I can't believe I've never seen it before. It was so obvious it was hidden. Or maybe I just accepted that fact after a while. Still shocks me though.

"Chim-Chim-Cheree" is just ending. And "Sing, Sing, With a Swing" is on. It's the song they used in the Chips Ahoy commercials for the longest time.

I know a lot of things just do not last, but why do they have to crumble so slowly? Or is the earthquake just testing the foundations?

::sigh::

I have to go because my eyelids are drooping and I have to get back to my summer reading sometime tonight...

I have about a week and two days...

Four of those days I'll be on vacation. Wonderful... I don't mind reading unless I am forced... Then I feel like a caged animal and don't usually like the books at all...

I'm beginning to make less sense even to myself...

And back to "Wonderwall". I did skip a few in between though...

G'night to my corner of the very spherical globe... (No wonder I have so many problems...)

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/187136-upbeat-playlist-with-downbeat-undertones