*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/183393-power-outages-and-pooches
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#183393 added August 3, 2002 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
power outages and pooches
My dog is sitting on my lap. I'm trying to keep him from barking. He wants to go outside to chase something, so he keeps trying to escape. I don't know what he saw at the door, and I'd let him out if I was sure it was only a shadow or something, but ...

Anyway, huge storms moved through last night. The sky was almost constantly lit up by lightning. It was so beautiful but it did knock my power out. And then the power company took nine hours to get the power back on. We lost a good deal of stuff in our fridge -- a mixed blessing. The fridge is finally completely clean. It was spotless until my dad went out to the supermarket and got milk and stuff. I got a 2 minute shower by candlelight last night.

Yes, it could have been much worse. Obviously, I have power right now. The freezer did not defrost. We were all sleeping in our back downstairs room. We have an awning up so the only window we could keep open was down there. It was so cool last night compared to how hot and humid it's been recently. I got the best sleep I've had in a while. It was also the first time I've slept on a floor in a while... I don't think they had anything to do with each other though....

The dog is still trying to jump. He's being very squirmy. It must have been something to really interest him. It's been at least 5-10 minutes.

My aunt and uncle have been in a band now for a few years. It's sort of new-wave, but I'm not sure of the exact genre. They were just recently featured in a new music magazine and now have their first fan. lol, Somebody e-mailed them from their site. I thought that was awesome. I hope they do well with it.

The dog is now lying down on my lap with his neck on my right arm. He has either resigned to staying on my lap or he is falling asleep... He fights sleep. It's so funny to watch his eyelids droop and then snap open only to droop again and again...

I rented A Beautiful Mind last night, but for reasons already stated, I didn't get to watch it.

The dog has just jumped from my lap.

Anyway...

I should go.

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/183393-power-outages-and-pooches