*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/181649-The-Consequences-of-Promiscuity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #436869
Well, I'm back.
#181649 added July 26, 2002 at 5:12pm
Restrictions: None
The Consequences of Promiscuity
Since I was raised in going to a Southern church and am a Christian, people just assume that I am a virgin because of my religious beliefs. "It's wrong to have premarital sex; it is against God's will." Okay, well, I guess it is, and I agree that sex is something beautiful and sacred and that people should not treat it with such...such...gah, um, disrespect? I couldn't think of the right word. Anyway, so why am I determined to restrain myself from promiscuity then? Why am I willing to wait for "the one" that I will spend the rest of my life with? Is it because of my religious upbringing? Well, maybe, but not really. Mostly I am just concerned with my health. Does that sound self-centered? Oh well, it's ok to be that way over that. Some events that took place yesterday kinda confirmed the fact that premarital sex is not such a good idea...in my opninion anyway.

My friend and I were taking another friend of ours to the health department so that she could get a physical and some birth control pills. She's not a slut; she's only slept with a couple of people. She didn't suspect anything. So she went in, no big deal. And my friend and I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like forever. Finally, she came out looking quite upset. But we just figured it was because she didn't enjoy the whole poking and prodding at her body ordeal. It wasn't until we got to the car that she broke down crying. She told us that the doctor had told her that she had "something." An STD, but one of the most common curable ones. She got off lucky; it could have been a lot worse. But it was upsetting and all nonetheless. What was really sad was that she had only been with a couple of people, and she had probably contracted the disease from the first guy. Now how often does that happen? Not too, but it does. And this guy probably got it from one of the other girls he slept with. So you see why having multiple partners isn't such a good idea? Yeah. I honestly feel sorry for her, but that was her choice. I'm not going to condemn her to Hell for it of course; it just saddens me that such choices can cause so much trouble--even though, like I said earlier, it could have been a lot worse. I think I'll shut up now. Think I've said too much already.

© Copyright 2002 Persephone (UN: prosperina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Persephone has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/181649-The-Consequences-of-Promiscuity