*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/180676-Creativity-and-Its-Dark-Side
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#180676 added July 21, 2002 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Creativity and Its Dark Side
Just read an article about Philip K. Dick. He was an incredible writer. Just finished one of his novels this morning. I love his short stories, I think he was a master of those.

I spent almost the entire day sitting in an enclosed porch, mostly enjoying the breeze. But I was also doing chemistry, taking pictures of butterflies and things, and later listening to a CD set my aunt and uncle got for me. The CDs I was listening to were a collection of poets reading their works. Robert Frost, Sylvia Plath, Sandburg, William Carlos Williams and over 2 CDs of others. Even Yeats! They say that he had recorded some of his poems on a predecessor to the record. I think it's called The Caedmon Poetry or something like that. No Shakespeare though... (now that would be something... lol)

Speaking of PK Dick and those poets, I just found an article talking about the link between mental illness and creative genius. (Yes, I do do other things while writing these entries.)

I love science, and I love knowing the answers to things, but science really takes the wonder out of things.

See above paragraph for a complete change of subject. Well, not really, I knew how I got from one to the next, and people may be able to tell.

I've been meaning to look into literary magazines to see what I may be able to publish. I got out Writers' Market from the library about two months ago. I wrote down a bunch of magazines, and I looked about half of them online, but then I had to stop for some reason and I forgot to start again. I need to do something with my pile of poems... Although I would rather divert my creative energies into stories... I have a few ideas I want to follow, but I think I may have to start in the middle or near the end of them and work from there. The beginnings just aren't working.

I just came up with the title for this entry right now. Now being when I am/was typing this very paragraph up. Okay, so that title doesn't fit most of it, I guess... Whatever.

Watching Crank Yankers on Comedy Central. It's so funny. I prefer Whose Line though.

Yeats's poems were very lyrical -- like songs without a tune. Albeit, I could hardly understand at least half of the two poems of his they had on there...

I really have nothing to say right now. I have a few things I want to check/read though. I think I'm done for tonight. If not, I may be back...

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/180676-Creativity-and-Its-Dark-Side