*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/176881-What-do-you-do
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#176881 added July 1, 2002 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
What do you do?
What do you do when someone you love tells you that you can't be friends with a person simply because they've decided to hate your friend with no real cause?

I've recently discovered that what you do in that situation, is destroy what could have been an amazing relationship, if it weren't for the guy's own damned immaturity.

I have a talent for picking 'em.

At least I managed to salvage the friendship, and I know the whole story now, I've put all the little pieces together to come up with a surprising whole. I knew all along that what my friend was being accused of simply wasn't in his character (the most honorable guy I know asking someone who is engaged to a good friend of his to cheat on her fiancee with him? Please.), but I couldn't convince my (now ex-)boyfriend of that. He's so blinded by hate that he's stopped seeing reason, and I don't know what to do. So, once again, having opened myself up, I get hurt. I really am sick of doing that. All I ask for now is a quiet senior year. I want to stay single, but I've reached a point where I've suddenly determined that I don't know what it means for me to be single. I've been in a relationship pretty much from day one of high-school. I've fallen in love three times, and so far, only one of the three is still talking to me... but he and I have moved so beyond a chance at a relationship that it isn't even the merest thought in either of our heads right now. So much for that. So I guess I'm going to have to learn what it means to be alone, because it's clear that I actually want it that way - why else would I push away everyone who matters to me in my life?

So, what do you do when your boyfriend goes crazy on you and decides to manipulate your life? What do you do when the person you loves tries to take everything that matters to you away? It's simple, you realize that they don't really love you back, no matter what they may say, and you leave, you deal with the pain, and you go on with your life.

I just wish I could have figured out the last part of the whole thing sooner: You leave, you go on with your life, and you let them be happy. Even if them beeing happy doesn't involve you. You have to really let them go.

Too bad that happiness is overrated.

Kgirlfae ~ Wanting

© Copyright 2002 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/176881-What-do-you-do