*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/164470-Prom-2
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#164470 added May 2, 2002 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Prom ^2
Ok, so... Well, this has little to do with Prom, except that it was at Prom that I started to think about this.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get over someone once you really realize how bad they were for you? Elyas came to prom with his new girlfriend... really not an issue - he had just as much right to be there as I did - and when I found out, the expected reaction ("Oh shit... I don't want to run in to him... what do I do... there goes my Prom right out the window") didn't occur. More accuratly, my reaction was one of "Meh, anywhoo". And about 10 minutes later - when I was outside seeing if I could actually get air inside my lungs due to the fact that my ribbed dress made it casi impossible (nearly impossible) to breath - I suddenly surprised myself by realizing that not only (a) was my reaction one of compleate and utter apathy, but (b) Elyas was standing about 10 feet away, and I hadn't noticed him, despite the fact that he'd been standing there for a while.

The scary thing is - I realized that night just how over Elyas I am. And it makes me so happy! I was expecting the night to be ruined for both me, and my wonderful, loyal, handsome (even more so in a tux) date, because I thought I'd spend my time paranoid about running into Elyas. But for the most part, I really didn't care. It was beautiful.

Well, since Prom my boyfriend and I have had our Four Month Aniversary. The afternoon before I spent some time really contemplating how complicated my life was by the time Elyas and I had dated for four months. I was thinking about how wonderful my life is right now, having dated my beloved Muncher for four months. It's amazing. *sigh* My life is simply so much better now.



Kgirlfae ~ Wanting

© Copyright 2002 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/164470-Prom-2