*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/153392-Bald-eagle
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#153392 added March 10, 2002 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Bald eagle?...
My mom is helping one of my brothers with a project on the state of Mississippi. I was at the computer and she needed a picture for the project. She yelled in from the kitchen that she needed a bald eagle, or that's what I heard at least. I found one right away and yelled back, asking if she wanted it in color. She sounded slightly surprised and said that would be nice. She came in as it was printing and started laughing. I didn't know what was so funny. As far as I knew, that was exactly what she had asked for. Once she calmed down a little bit she told me that she'd asked for a "boll weevil", not a bald eagle. lol, I never realized how alike they sounded.

You can always tell when my brother goes food-shopping with my parents. They always come back with the strangest things -- we just cracked open a raw coconut. That's just one of the things on a long list: Cornish hens, artichokes, koulerabi seeds for the veggie garden(sp?),
carbonated lemonade, miniature bananas, soy nuts... and a bunch of other things I just can't think of right now.

And rapidly switching tones...

Tommorow is the six month anniversary of September 11, and of course every station is using it to the advantage of their ratings. I really hate that. Let it pass with solemnity and remembrance, not damned money-making schemes...

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/153392-Bald-eagle