*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/149988-Raindrops
by Jake
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #355716
Thoughts and Feelings by Jake
#149988 added February 21, 2002 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Raindrops
Standing outside he looked up into the skies as they began to turn from a comforting blue to a menacing grey. It was coming and he knew that, yet, he was not prepared. Lightning struck and thunder crashed, bringing with them an onslaught of rain. People ran in and out of buildings attempting to dodge as many of the bullets being shot down from the heavens as they could. Some tried to trick the rain into falling around them instead of on top of them, but the rain wasn't fooled. No, the rain brought with it gusts of wind to be splashed into the unsuspecting victim's faces as they scrambled for cover. Others, more daring, tried to beat the rain by running through it just praying they wouldn't get too soaked. He just kept watching in subtle amusement upon his dry perch. He watched them dart and scatter under the skies like helpless bugs on a city sidewalk.
Then, it happened. Coming down the steps was a woman who brought with her the sunshine and the blue skies that had been lost. Her hair glowed like and angel's halo as the sun shined down upon her. Her body was a sculpture that only the gods could have formed. Such a magnificent creature she was that he could barely take another breath, for he felt that he was in the heavens and still he had to raise his head just to see her. Oh, how he longed to run his hand through her hair and hear her sweet voice whispered through her lips, and to feel her soft skin against his.
The god truly did shine on him that day. But, as soon as she had come she was gone. The skies did shine brighter, though, at least for that one moment. A moment that he can look back on and remember the day he saw an angel.





© Copyright 2002 John B. Cassant II. All rights reserved. John B. Cassant II has granted Stories.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.



© Copyright 2002 Jake (UN: kypdurro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/149988-Raindrops