*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/146470-i-prefer-the-term-eccentric
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#146470 added February 3, 2002 at 5:15pm
Restrictions: None
i prefer the term 'eccentric'
The people at my library must think I'm insane or something. I always get the strangest combinations of books. On Friday, I went there and got close to the limit of books they allow you to borrow in one day -- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, Animal Farm by George Orwell (both by choice, I'm already done the latter and I'm half-way through the former), The Idiot's Guide to Photography, two giant college directory books, a manual on learning C++ Programming, A Necessary Evil (a book about the government), a history of archaeology, a book on publishing books, and a book of short stories by Isaac Asimov. And some new person rang it up, lol, I'd love to know what they think of me. If only they saw the books I have at home, lol...

I have a short paper to do for history. It's really annoying. I hate being forced to do things with exact parameters. Because whenever I'm forced to do something to the letter, I'm always worried I'm not doing enough, or I'm doing too much, or I'm not doing it right... well, you get the picture. And then it doesn't help if the subject is really dry for me. I had to find an article in the entertainment section and write up a thing on it. That was horrible. I rarely watch TV, and then it's usually the news,The X-Files or something on the Sci-Fi Channel. I could really care less who's going out with who in Hollywood or who wore what to any given award show. I loathe pop music/culture. I'm not really a big fan of movies either. Most comedies are completely stupid. I never saw the point to horror movies -- if for some reason I'm forced to watch one, I'll sit there saying things like "Mistake number one (two, three, etc.)" and "you could've escaped out the other way..." under my breath. I can't sit through romances. Most sci-fi movies suck. Most movies based on books are awful. But every once in a while there are some really good ones.

I have to get back to my history Current Events paper. I'll never get it done if I don't force myself to...

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/146470-i-prefer-the-term-eccentric