*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/146023-Did-I-just-hear-you-hit-the-door
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#146023 added January 31, 2002 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
Did I just hear you hit the door?
Hmm, it's been a while since I posted a darn thing on here, hasn't it. Maybe I'll put up my history journal entries this weekend.

Oh, I guess you're wondering about the title, eh? One of my brothers just said that to me. I was dancing around the house (like I usually do...) and was half-jogging through the dining room when I noticed that the closet door in there was partially open (yes, we have a closet in our dining room; the house must've had the most screwed up architect, if there even was one... the studs in the walls are not even even -- when we went to put more bookshelves in my room, we discovered that the studs go from 15 inches between them, to 14", to 18", to 16"... but anyway...). Now, the top of this door has been sticking recently, and hasn't wanted to close right. So I decided to shut the door. And no, I can't be normal about it, like everyone else, and take the doorknob and shut the door with enough force to get the top in -- I took a running leap at the door and hit the top with the palms of my hands. I walked into the living room and my brother said, "Did you just run into the door? 'Cause I saw you running and then I heard a BAM!" I didn't look over at him as I sat down at the computer, but I answered him: "No, I was just shutting it. I didn't run into it... again..." I have a bad habit of running into walls and doorways and solid structures in general. I could swear, sometimes doorways jump out six inches when they see me coming just to silently laugh as I bang my shoulder, head, or other body part into it. I have a bad track record with inanimate objects.

::sigh:: Tommorow I have school until 11:30 AM. We have no classes. It's almost pointless. I say "almost" because even if it's a half day, it counts to the quota of days that we have to be in school.

And speaking of school, I got my report card and PSAT scores back. Both were really good. My verbal went down a little bit on the SAT, but my math went up by a lot.

Okay, I'm gonna go now. I should start writing here again....

© Copyright 2002 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/146023-Did-I-just-hear-you-hit-the-door