*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/134859-keeper-of-the-songs
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#134859 added November 24, 2001 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
"keeper of the songs"
We went out Christmas shopping. I've decided I'm not going to buy gifts for everyone this year. Some people I'm going to buy for, but for others I'm gonna make them gifts. Hopefully I'll get to everyone. I have to get started soon. I have to make a list of who I'm giving to and what I'm making for them, so I can get anything else I need at a craft store. I did get something for myself when we were out tonight... lol... A $5 CD of Native American flute music. I love the sound of those instruments. By the way, the title of this entry is the title of one of the songs. The titles seem... I don't know... kind of stereotypical... Anyway...

The Patriot Act. A patriot for what country? Oceania? So how does the first round of rights-stripping feel? There are two directions this can go: back to where it was... or a downward spiral... And I find myself wondering if people will know or care...

I was reading Emily Dickinson's poems a few days ago. She didn't name a single one of them. I didn't know that.

There was a bare spot on my wall. I got new shelves and the lowest one is shorter than the others (there is a reason for this, it wasn't just a random short board), which left a spot of emptiness on the wall between the shelves and my bed. I wanted to find some pretty picture or a celtic cross and hang it there, but I found something that works better. I made three metallic paper crane (red, green, and blue) and strung them under the shelf. It's almost like a mobile (sp?) now. They're really pretty. They just spin slowly on their strings....

If I can find metallic paper somewhere I'm gonna put a paper crane on all the gifts... I finally know how to make one. We'll just have to see how long I can remember it. It's in a book I have, but it's nice to know things without looking them up.

One of my brothers got mini-magicians' chains that you can shake off. Right now they're chasing each other around with them, and I think one of them may be currently chained to the dining room table... Correction, he has broken free from the grips of the table and now his ankle is attached to the baby-gate we use to keep the dog in the kitchen when we're out.

And I just heard a "dad, the lock broke!" lol, don't you just love cheap toys?

I'm so bored right now. I should be typing my English paper that's due Monday. Or working on my Algebra paper that's due in early December if I want extra credit on it.

I should stop rambling before my computer goes and loses what I have.

This native flutes CD is kind of bland... oh well, what do you expect for five dollars...

G'night.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/134859-keeper-of-the-songs