*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/129662-May-the-Force-be-with-you-all-and-also-with-you
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#129662 added October 22, 2001 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
May the Force be with you... (all: and also with you...)
My English teacher thinks that she can keep our interest or teach better or something by using pop culture references. Every once in a while she'll quote song lyrics or refer to a movie or something. Today... she called me "young Jedi." I'm still wondering where that one came from. Her references usually have at least vague connection to what we are doing in class, but that one today really came out of nowhere. But I shouldn't really be talking about things coming out of nowhere, should I... It'd be very hypocritical...

But "young Jedi"?

::sighs:: At least her writing on the board seems to be shrinking a little bit. The smallest letters right now are maybe... seven or eight inches tall? Yeah, they're slowly shrinking...

Okay, I don't get this at all. I'm staring at the star rating on my journal right now, and it's at 5. In my portfolio, it shows up as 4 1/2. They won't make up their minds. Oh well, it makes it interesting, trying to guess.

In a few weeks there's going to be a lot of faded flags flying. Did anyone else notice how they are slowly disappearing? People are forgetting. The patriotism doesn't seem to be lasting. I didn't really think it would.

I'm tired. I got my normal amount of sleep last night but I was dead tired this morning. I should've slept during study hall, instead I read several chapters in a Carl Sagan book, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. It's really good. lol, I took it to read at the orthodontist's a few weeks ago (I haven't picked up the book in a while) and my orthodontist looked at the book and said, "Deep stuff, have to read it for school?"
"No, just reading it."
"Oh..."

My dad is across the living room, watching wrestling on TV and making fun of it.

Did I mention I'm tired?

Goodnight. Buenos Noches. Sayonara. ("one of these things is not like the other... one of these things just isn't the same..." -- sorry... that was uncalled for... lol... nighty-nite...)

P.S. May The Force Be With You.

(sorry George Lucas)

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/129662-May-the-Force-be-with-you-all-and-also-with-you