*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/128217-ramblings-about-the-teacher-who-makes-history-hell
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#128217 added October 13, 2001 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
ramblings about the teacher who makes history hell...
My history teacher despises me. That's okay, she's not my favorite person in the world either. She teaches for the tests, not to learn. Know what I mean? My teacher last year taught to learn, and I learned a lot, but this year, it is a stretch for me to actually learn it so I'll remember it after the course is over. She always has this false smile on her face, and even that falls when she sees my hand in the air. It turns to this concerned, disapproving scowl and she loses eye contact half the time. The questions I'll ask are related to the material, but that the book doesn't answer and she doesn't previously tell. And we've talked about current events several times in school, and the class will be asking questions or giving opinions and things and I can tell you now that I have more of an idea about this kind of stuff than the teacher does. And she's insane with the number of projects she gives us (I know it's not just me, because from what I can tell, she's done this every year she's taught at my school). I have to do an oral report on Sacagawea/Sacajawea/Sakakawea (nobody knows how to spell it...) on Thursday. It was originally due next week, but for some reason, she switched my date with another girl's and now that girl has more time and I have less, and I'm almost positive that the subject of her report has more information about him than mine.

I had to make two calendars for Latin. One for November 2002, and the other for June 2002. They had to be in the Roman form too, meaning you count down from certain days to certain other days... It's really annoying. And I couldn't get part of it to look like how I wanted it to, so it took me 10 times longer...

I had much better teachers last year than this year, in almost all my subjects (not including the two classes with the same teachers as last year -- and it's not like they're good either). The only teacher who may be better might be my English teacher, but we only had her for a few days because a student teacher took over. ::groans:: Thank God she's only here until December at the latest. She has no idea what she's doing -- I think I know more about English than she does. Oh, my first semester theology teacher is really good too, but theology is not my strong point. I think I have an 88 in that class right now... I don't know... It depends on her grading scale... why can't they all just be the same?

I uploaded a new little ramble thing yesterday. It's kinda stupid, but I figured 'why not'.

I just got up to answer the doorbell, but it turns out that my dad was painting it... lol.

Does anybody know what Catholic Vietnamese holiday falls around this time of year, if any? Just curious.

Does anybody know what the moon/star symbol of Islam is called? I've heard its name before, but I can't remember.

I have to get to working on my papers. I'll write again soon.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/128217-ramblings-about-the-teacher-who-makes-history-hell