*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/127201-The-gods-are-mocking-me
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#127201 added October 7, 2001 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
The gods are mocking me...
*looks at sky, wagging finger at the cloud, saying, "you're mocking me"*

I have long held to the theory that the gods/fates are mocking me. That the only reason I am on this planet is for their amusement. Tonight proved this theory to me all the more firmly.

It's homecoming, it's supposed to be happy! Not only did our football team LOSE 10-7, the dance was hell. Well, actually, the theme of the dance was "heaven on earth" could the dance commitee (AKA our student senate) get it any more wrong?

What started this "hell" you might ask? It was simple. I was told by someone that a good friend of mine had shown up to the dance high. Seeing as how I didn't believe this good friend of mine had ever touched drugs, in any way shape or form, I couldn't believe it at first. But then my mind started to remember. Another good friend of mine, lets call him Bob, nearly OD'd about a year ago. Bob started out as someone who wouldn't even take asprin for a headache - he didn't want to pollute his system. Then, all of a sudden, some slut from out of state convinced Bob that he was in love with her. When this out of state slut told him about her OTHER boyfriend in her home state, he was crushed. Within 3 months he had gone from not taking asprin to nearly ODing on heroin. I couldn't risk it that this new good friend of mine might be heading down the same path (which I have actually seen repeated over and over by other friends, not just "Bob")

So I confronted him. And he fliped out. I couldn't believe what he said next, that I had trusted some guy I barely knew over him. When I tried to explain the situation from my point of view - that I couldn't risk that it might be true - he walked away.

So, what started out as a fun night, quickly decayed into hell. The gods are mocking me - I swear they do this just to see me suffer.

Kgirlfae ~ Wanting

© Copyright 2001 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/127201-The-gods-are-mocking-me