*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/125965-This-is-me
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#125965 added September 28, 2001 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
This is me...
This is the me I let the rest of the world see...

I watched her, she was laughing. When I looked at her more closely, I saw that the smile she wore wasn't true. She wasn't really happy, but that was the face she showed the world.

I heard her, she was joking. When I listened to her voice more closely, I heard the pain behind the words. She wasn't really happy, but that was the image she portrayed to the world.

As I see her in the halls everyday, I wonder. Is that who she really is? Is she really this coldhearted bitch that doesn't let the world touch her? Or is that just the mask she wears to keep the world away? See, I know she just went through a part of her life that would have everyone else in this world in tears, yet she goes along her way, happy, free, joking, not letting anyone see her pain. She hangs out with her friends, seemingly happy, seemingly full of joy, and they don't see her pain. Most of them don't even know she should be in pain right now, as they did not know the full joy of her life before the pain came. They don't understand that he was her soulmate. They think he was "just another boyfriend". They don't understand at all. They didn't see the way she looked at him. They didn't (couldn't) know how she felt, how she still feels. They don't know the pain.

I watch her, I see her, I hear her, I know the mask she wears. It's a beautifully crafted mask, one that no one knows is there. But what is she like? Who is she on the inside? Why won't she show her pain?


Kgirlfae ~ Wanting

© Copyright 2001 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/125965-This-is-me