*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/123802-And-crown-Thy-good-with-brotherhood
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#123802 added September 11, 2001 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
"...And crown Thy good with brotherhood..."
My heart goes out to those of you who have lost someone in any of the bombings.

I am still scared. I just can't believe this happened. I guess I'm still in shock. "The point of terrorism is to inflict terror." I guess it worked. Why the hell do people resort to violence though? Are people too thick-headed not to listen to peaceful protests? And why wouldn't someone come forward, if they did this for a cause? Isn't retaliation part of the game to them?

I have cried so many times today. This couldn't have happened, right? Is this all just a bad dream created by an over-active sub-conscious that somehow figured out how to feel tears?

I do have a funny story to tell but I am in no mood to tell it. Maybe some other time.

I just have so many swirling emotions inside of me. The initial shock hasn't worn off yet I don't think. 50,000 people in the WTC buildings. Thank God that some of them hadn't started work yet, and that tourists weren't allowed in until later in the day.

It reminds me of a volcano though, people running from massive clouds of hot gases and ash, staring in awe at a fireball in the sky.

No-Fly Zones. Here? Wait a minute... here?!? I tensed up every time I heard a plane today. I even called a friend when I saw what looked like a commercial plane go over. I think it was one of the diverted flights now.

Closed Borders.... Have they ever done that before? I've never heard of a time when we had closed borders between the US and Mexico and the US and Canada.

And people celebrating in the streets half a world away.... That needs no words. I'm not even going to begin to comment on that.

Hmm... the only place I've heard of the world's reaction, other than the BBC...
http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/09/11/trade.centre.reaction/index.html

^ If that shows up on a link, don't click on it, I don't think it will work.

It should not be compared to Pearl Harbor. #1) It was completely civilians. #2) It was in relative peace-time. #3) The loss of life is tremendously higher.

I'm surprised they didn't target the Statue of Liberty. You'd think that might be as symbolic as the WTC.

There is so much we will probably never know about this in our lifetimes. Or ever. Who knows.

All I know is that I don't want a chance to prove that today's generation could fight a World War. We could, given this tragedy. I just don't want to have to kill or be killed for things to be set right.

"God bless us, every one."

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/123802-And-crown-Thy-good-with-brotherhood