*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/121148-small-town-burb
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#121148 added August 20, 2001 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
small town 'burb
It's so funny. The skirts and patterns of fabric that are coming into style (or that they're just selling in a lot of places now) are exactly the plaid patterns of catholic school skirts. I think it's hilarious. I can point out several and tell you which schools wear them. In eighth grade I had a navy, hunter green, and black plaid kilt. The pattern didn't look that bad, but kilts are impossible to roll.

I got back yesterday from a trip to the shore. There were rips there for most of the time we were on the beach. It was always low tide when we went down on the beach, and when the tide changes, the current gets really strong. We drove through a nature preserve on the way back. The egrets were there in the hundreds. Honestly, there were so many of them, I couldn't believe it.

I found out exactly how big my town is. 1.89 square miles. There's no busing because everyone who goes to the public schools lives within 1.5 miles of them.

I want to learn another language fluently. My mom keeps telling me it would be a waste of time to try to teach myself because you really need a teacher for the pronunciations and all. I think I could teach myself spanish with a few books and/or tapes. But I have enough I want to read and enough I want to do for now. Maybe I'll take that up as my next major project. lol, I tell people I have a million projects to do and they almost always respond, "But you're out of school -- it's summer! What kind of school do you go to?!" Then I have to explain that what I mean by "projects" is things that I've made up my mind to do. Not necessarily get around to doing, or finishing, but things that I really want to do.

I got a new paper journal. I ran out of pages in the last one. I'm starting to write in it more. I think this online journal has helped me a little with that. It's a little jumpstarter.

Speaking of running out of pages, I realized that this is my 25th entry! Not bad for only having it... I dunno... A month, I guess? I'll have to check.

::Yawns:: I'm tired. Good night. Well, good morning, to some parts of the world. Good morning here in an hour.

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/121148-small-town-burb