*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/120047-Wandering-fingers-and-closing-eyes--zzzzzzzz
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#120047 added August 12, 2001 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
Wandering fingers and closing eyes... zzzzzzzz...
Alright, those pop-up ads are really getting on my nerves now. I can't do anything while they load. And they don't even load! They don't load for some reason on my computer. Maybe it's AOL, but AOL doesn't not load things that way all the time. It's really annoying. I'd rather have banner ads. So much easier to ignore. And so much easier to NOT accidentally click on.

My dad got a chair with wheels for the computer. (We've been using these really old dining room chairs since we first got a computer. Needless to say, they're falling apart. Literally. The bars between the legs snap off and on regularly and every once in a while a chair has to be completely repaired with wood glue.) I really don't like it. I can't stand spinning when I try to do things and I can't even sit with my legs up on the chair without almost impaling my knees on the sides of the keyboard sliding drawer thing which I can't presently remember the name of. And it's an ugly pattern too. Doesn't match a darn thing. Anywhere in our house. At least it's more comfortable to sit up straight in.

::yawn:: I'm tired. Maybe tommorow I'll be able to sleep in finally. Had to wake up early this morning (well... 8 o'clock-ish) to go to Spanish mass. I don't speak Spanish. I know... maybe 20-30 words/phrases, lol, and no verbs, or next to no verbs. At least it woke me up. They have really beautiful music and all -- even if I can't understand virtually any of it. Guitars, mandolins, maracas, tambourines, etc. The best music the English masses have is a terrible organ player and an old lady cantor who disagrees with the organist about pace, so half the church ends up a word or two ahead or behind the rest. It doesn't help that one or both of them is off-key sometimes. And everyone who sings is so enthusiastic...

I really don't like this chair. I've banged both knees into the scanner now.

Someone gave me the URL to a webpage about UFOs in ancient/medieval/renaissance art. I could give easy explanations for most of them. I think the guy who created that site was looking a little too hard and ignoring a little too much. And several looked like outright fakes to me. The "UFO" part did not looked aged enough, or the cracks were wrongly lined, and things like that.

Hee hee, a chair I can rest my head on the back of comfortably, lol.

A friend asked me to freak out a friend of hers online last night. I won't go into the details, but it was very fun, however sadistic that may seem. I had a hard time getting the guy to believe me in the beginning, but by the end, he was thoroughly freaked out.

I'm going to stop here. I'm almost half-asleep and who knows where my fingers might wander. *Wink*

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/120047-Wandering-fingers-and-closing-eyes--zzzzzzzz