*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/114638-Live-from-my-computer-its-Sunday-Night
by a_g_
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #181604
just your average... er... correction: just your normal... correction: me.
#114638 added July 1, 2001 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
Live from my computer, it's Sunday Night!!
 (This entry was edited by a_g_ on 07-01-01 @ 10:05 pm EDT)

I hate going to the movies. Not that I don't like going, it's just that I hate coming out of a dark theater into bright sunlight and coming to the startling realization that it's 2 hours later and that the $7.50 I spent on the ticket (not even counting the extremely overpriced food) wasn't worth it and the movie would've had the exact same effect on me if I had rented it from Blockbuster. And the thing is that it's slightly shocking to me that the time's disappeared even though I expect it.

What started that rant, you ask? I went and saw Atlantis today (I went with my younger brothers and cousins). It was pretty good as far as Disney animations go. That didn't stop me from nitpicking at all. What was really bothering me was that the Atlantian written language corresponded exactly to English letters... Or parts of it did at least.

On to other topics...

Garth Nix is a really awesome writer. I've read two of his books (I think that's all he has out): Sabriel and Shade's Children. I cant decide which was better. They were both extremely imaginative, incredibly descriptive, beautifully written, and still seemed real in some weird way. I just finished Sabriel today. I was reading it for hours today. I couldn't put it down unless I had to.

Ugh... I was going to say something else... What was it?... ahh... that's it.

Yes there is at least one good point to writing in a journal online. You don't have to worry about deciphering scribbles written with a leaky pen on a night when you're just too emotional to care about how the letters look. Fortunately, I can figure out most of what I write down. I'll jot ideas for stories in the margins of ones I'm writing and even if they don't look like coherent letters I can usually remember what I was thinking at the time by looking a the half-written letter-squiggles. Writing helps me remember things. I'll have to see if some book on psychology or learning or whatever can tell me why.

That's all I'm gonna say for this entry. Ciao

© Copyright 2001 a_g_ (UN: a_g_ at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a_g_ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/114638-Live-from-my-computer-its-Sunday-Night